The Council of the League of Arab States at the Summit Level, at its 14th
Emanating from the conviction of the Arab countries that a military
solution to the conflict will not achieve peace or provide security for the
parties, the Council:
1. Requests Israel to reconsider its policies and declare that a just peace
is its strategic option as well.
2. Further calls upon Israel to affirm:
a. Full Israeli withdrawal from all the territories occupied since 1967,
including the Syrian Golan Heights to the lines of June 4, 1967, as well as
the remaining occupied Lebanese territories in the south of Lebanon.
b. Achievement of a just solution to the Palestinian Refugee problem to be
agreed upon in accordance with UN General Assembly Resolution 194.
c. The acceptance of the establishment of a Sovereign Independent
Palestinian State on the Palestinian territories occupied since the 4th of
June 1967 in the West Bank and Gaza strip, with East Jerusalem as its
3. Consequently, the Arab Countries affirm the following:
a. Consider the Arab-Israeli conflict ended, and enter into a peace
agreement with Israel, and provide security for all the states of the
b. Establish normal relations with Israel in the context of this
4. Assures the rejection of all forms of Palestinian patriation which
conflict with the special circumstances of the Arab host countries.
5. Calls upon the Government of Israel and all Israelis to accept this
initiative in order to safeguard the prospects for peace and stop the
further shedding of blood, enabling the Arab countries and Israel to live in
peace and good neighborliness and provide future generations with security,
stability, and prosperity.
6. Invites the international community and all countries and organizations
to support this initiative.
7. Requests the Chairman of the Summit to form a special committee composed
of some of its concerned member states and the Secretary General of the
League of Arab States to pursue the necessary contacts to gain support for
this initiative at all levels, particularly from the United Nations, the
Security Council, the United States of America, the Russian Federation, the
Muslim States and the European Union.